Algebra Nation is improving students’ performance in algebra, a key gatekeeper course to success in college and careers. A University of Florida study found that Algebra Nation produced significant increases in schools’ average scores and pass rates on Florida’s Algebra 1 End of Course Exam.
Since Algebra Nation was introduced to all districts in Florida in 2012, statewide pass rates have improved 7%.
Students in key demographics who used Algebra Nation in schools and summer programs have increased their pass rates dramatically.
Algebra Nation drives engagement in algebra—from students, teachers, and families alike. Here are some numbers that students, parents and educators have produced since its inception:
Algebra Nation incorporates research-based features to motivate students and fuel their learning:
- Research on Algebra Nation’s videos has found that the presence of instructors in our videos significantly improved students’ satisfaction and sense of their own understanding with both easy and difficult topics.
- Students learn best when they can relate to the material. Algebra Nation’s content is tailored to include examples, references, and real-world situations that students will recognize and can apply to their daily lives.
- Algebra Nation understands that students feel empowered and succeed when they have some agency in their learning. That’s why our videos let students choose between Study Experts, each with a unique teaching style and pace to match students’ preferences. (And we even have a new tool to help students pick their best match!)
- Algebra Nation’s videos are designed to help students build connections with our Study Experts through eye contact, which has been proven to increase students’ motivation and concentration, according to research.
- Research shows that students who collaborate in carefully designed and monitored online communities—like the Algebra Wall—can achieve deeper learning and better outcomes.
- Immediate feedback can help students improve their math results, but most students receive less personalized feedback than they need to learn tough-to-tackle concepts. Algebra Nation’s “Test Yourself!” Practice Tool quizzes students, provides immediate results, and directs them to resources that target gaps in their understanding, so the feedback can be immediate and impactful.