Want to learn more about all the different Math Nation resources? Here is a quick guide to everything Math Nation offers.
Resources for Teachers
- Teacher Resources: Looking for answer keys, lesson plans, or information about where particular standards are covered in Math Nation’s materials? You can find it all in the Teacher Area.
- Data & Reports: Watch this quick video for a tour of the Reports section!
Resources for Students
- Math Wall: Your students can get homework help and virtual tutoring at nights and on weekends on our interactive Math Wall!
- Karma Points: Students earn Karma Points when they help other students answer questions posted on the Math Wall. Each month throughout the school year, Math Nation will award iPad and other prizes to the top Karma Points earners each month. To learn more about Karma Points, click here.
- Desmos: Desmos, the free online graphing calculator, is used in Math Nation’s content videos so students are able to discover core algebra concepts along with our Study Experts, and students can create and post their own Desmos graphs on the Math Wall.
- The On-Ramp Tool: The On-Ramp Tool is a great way to help students fill in gaps that they need to be successful in Algebra 1. The tool sets students on individual learning pathways based on what their performance on our interactive assessment.
- Community Service Credit: We have a system to help teachers and administrators who want students to convert their Karma Points into Community Service credit!
- “Test Yourself!” Challenge: To encourage students to prepare for the End-of-Course Exam, Math Nation holds an annual “Test Yourself!” Challenge. Students can win great prizes for themselves and their classmates. Keep your eyes out for information on the popular “Test Yourself!” Challenge in the spring!
Resources for STUDENTS, TEACHERS, AND FAMILIES
- Mobile App: Teachers, students, and parents can download the free Math Nation app by searching for “Math Nation” on their phone or tablet’s app store. All Apple and Android devices released in the last 5 years are supported! Students can also download videos for offline video viewing when they do not have access to internet.
- Parents & Families: Print out the Parent & Family Letter from our website to encourage your students’ families to log in to Math Nation with their student to get to know the resources. You can download the letters, in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole, here. We also have special materials you can use to introduce parents to Math Nation at Parents’ Nights and other school events. For more information, email Chelsea@MathNation.com.
- Other Ways to Use Math Nation: Math Nation’s materials and resources can be used in many different ways: whether you’re reviewing material, differentiating instruction, or prepping a substitute teacher, Math Nation has resources to help. For more ideas on how to use Math Nation in your instruction, check out this quick handout.
Remember, we are always here for you! Contact us with any questions, feedback, or if you want to schedule a (completely free) in-school visit from us. Email help@MathNation.com or call us at 1-888-608-MATH.